We offer a variety of merit-based academic scholarships for excellent students. There is no application required, and scholarships are granted to students upon their acceptance. All academic scholarships are renewable. You may contact your admissions counselor for more information.
For High School Seniors
All scholarships for Seniors in High School are based on your cumulative, weighted GPA from your high school transcript. These scholarships are awarded to students upon admittance to Franciscan University.
Incoming 2022-2023 high school seniors may qualify for one of these annually awarded scholarships:
- Chancellor’s Scholarship: $15,000 = 4.0+
- Provost Scholarship: $12,000 = 3.65-3.99 GPA
- St. Elizabeth Scholarship: $10,000 = 3.2-3.64 GPA
- St. Anthony Grant: $7,000 = 2.4-3.19 GPA
For Transfer Students
You must have completed at least 24 college credits. (If you have not completed 24 college credits, your scholarship could depend on your high school information and test scores.) Transfer student scholarships are based on your cumulative GPA in college.
St. Clare Scholarship: $10,000 = GPA 3.7 – 4.0
St. Maximillian Kolbe Scholarship: $9,000 = GPA 3.4 – 3.69
St. Padre Pio Scholarship: $8,000 = GPA 3.0 – 3.39
St. Leonard Grant: $4,000 = GPA 2.5 – 2.99
Other New Student Scholarships
We also offer additional scholarship opportunities for students who qualify. Please contact your admissions counselor if you have any questions.
- President’s Scholarship– Students with a cumulative GPA of 4.3 or higher and a qualifying standardized test score are eligible to receive this scholarship. The minimum test score needed to qualify is an ACT score of 31, SAT score of 1420, or CLT score of 93. Updated test scores are accepted through April.
- Commuter Grant– Students who graduate from a local high school and apply directly to Franciscan, and who live at home with a parent or guardian within a 50 mile radius of campus can receive this grant for half the cost of tuition. This grant is also applicable for the study abroad semester. Indicate your commuter status on your application to be eligible.
- TOR Parish/School – Students who belong to select parishes and high schools staffed by the Third Order Regular Friars of the Most Sacred Heart Province may qualify for this scholarship. Contact your admissions counselor if you think you may qualify.
- Phi Theta Kappa – Transfer students that are members of PTK are encouraged to apply on our website.